Friday, June 24, 2011

Testing different type of tiles.

Hi, in the last two years I had tha opportunity to lay many brand of italian tiles.
What can I say about italian tiles? For sure some years ago the quality of the italian tiles was better. Now it is possible to find italian tiles with not so good quality...medium quality. I don't know the reason of this decrease of quality but it exists!
By the way, cutting these tiles I discovered that Marazzi, Graniti Fiandre, Cotto D'Este tiles continue to be very good. Unfortunately I can't say the same for the other small brand. if you want to lay perfect tile I personallu suggest Cotto D'Este but it is my personal suggestion. If you buy no branded or chines or wrost spanish tiles you will have the great risk to lay something not good. Especially spanish tiles decreased a lot their quality. Some months ago I'was laying a big house. The owner was an Spanish man. He asked (imposed) me to lay spanish tiles. Unfortunately after some day of work we (I and the owner of this house) discovered that the surface of these tiles absorbed humidity! We had to put in the garbage these tiles and buy Marazzi Tiles for a US dealer of Marazzi. It was a bad but useful experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment